Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for the day to day functions of BMC. This includes staff
management, client relations, and facilities management to ensure smooth daily operations and a high
level of customer service. This is a part-time position.
BMC has been growing steadily and is now seeking to accelerate growth. The board is looking for a
mission-focused, strategic, and process-minded leader that can support the Executive Director to carry
out organizational objectives, manage the executive management, and support the development of a
performance culture among a group of diverse, talented individuals. The Director of Operations must be
a leader who is able to help others at BMC deliver measurable, cost-effective results that make the
vision a reality. Importantly, the successful Director of Operations will have the skills, sensitivity, and
personal confidence to tap into the power that each member of the team brings to this mission.
• Works collaboratively with BMC staff to develop new programs and improve existing programs.
• Works with BMC staff to identify and secure external funding via grants and contracts.
• Represents BMC to key community stakeholders to increase support for Barakah.
• Develops and implements systems to measure and monitor client satisfaction.
• Works closely with the Executive Director to guide the formation of special events and workshops.
• Works with BMC staff to ensure headquarters is well-maintained.
• Assists with executing a marketing plan, including sending out press releases, posting to social
media, sending emails, developing print materials, and helping distribute materials.
Ability to work independently and flexibly in a dynamic client-focused and team-based
environment. Customer care orientation and skill, ability to multi-task, openness and flexibility to take
on additional duties and responsibilities as needed. Must be a team player, able to work well with a
diverse constituency, and successfully manage multiple priorities in a resource-constrained
environment. Bachelors’ degree or equivalent required.
The deadline for applications is 1/10/20.
Prospective applicants should send a cover letter and resume